I would like to be careful since CLV Group has been documented to serve legal notices to people who post negative online reviews(google it).This company purchased my building 1 year ago.

They immediately installed separate hydro meters and substantially raised the rents for new tenants. The pre-existing tenants, by law are grandfathered in to their previous leases(which included hydro). There has been a concerted effort(in my opinion) to cause substantial and persistent inconvenience to these grand-fathered tenants, with nearly continual construction projects, vital service outages, etc. in an effort to drive tenants out.

They constantly generate pretexts to inspect the units with an eye to looking for supposed violations. They routinely issue eviction-notices on the flimsiest of technical reasons. The building I live at has always had a problem with roaches, since before CLV purchased it. Originally when tenants complained about it CLV flatly denied that there were roaches at all(even though they could be easily seen in the stairwells and other common areas.

Finally they had to admit that there were roaches after a massive infestation was found in the laundry room, which they brought in pest control to treat before they could do their planned renovations on. They have taken to telling the new tenants that the roaches are all just coming from a few dirty apartments, and it's just the undesirable tenants fault. Six weeks ago I heard a CLV group employee talking about how they planned on getting rid of these 'undesirables'. They were going to bring in pest control and 'use that to blame it on the tenants and get rid of them'.

The pest control came and did the treatment 4 weeks ago. Today I received an eviction notice claiming that our apartment was unclean and heavily infested. These are absolutely baseless accusations and outright fabrications, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they delivered similar notices to only the grandfathered tenants.

I'll leave it to the reader to determine for yourself if this is the kind of company that you would wish to do business with.Unfortunately I had no choice but to deal with them after they purchased my building.

Review about: Clv Group Stoney Creek Apartment Rental.

I didn't like: Unscrupulous business practices.

Had an Experience with CLV Group ?

Comments

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1300413

We had hydro meters installed also.Did you find your heat didn't work quite the same afterwards?

The radiators in the lobby give off better heat than the old ones that are in the units. Agreed, rent is getting so high, it is becoming unaffordable for tenants and it's sad. I've rented the same apartment for almost 9 years. CLV took over in 2015.

I am leaving soon. Gonna try a different company. Good luck to those looking. Agreed, sometimes they did things that made no sense maintenance wise.

If the work was done properly the first time, they wouldn't be coming into the unit so much.I found that the workers had left dirt and nails on my floor especially after installing the hydro meter.

New York, New York, United States #1293801

Get some Advion by DuPont from Amazon - it will solve your roach problem.

CLV_Group
Burlington, Ontario, Canada #1273684
CLV Group Verified Representative

We regret to read that we have not met your expectations. Although not the feedback we strive to receive, feedback is important to us and we would like the opportunity to look into your experience further. Please feel free to reach us Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm at 1-855-258-6011 (toll free) or by email at customerservice@clvgroup.com

to CLV_Group Kitchener, Ontario, Canada #1279033

Clv group are a group of terrorists in Canada they terrorize the people who rent from them. STAY AWAY they are not worth it.